Mergers and Acquisitions, (Business Buy and Sell)
Buying or selling a business is the dream of many business owners, however, it is likely to be one of the biggest business transactions you will ever face.
Business sales, mergers and acquisitions should be carefully planned and assessed to ensure the right commercial, strategic and cultural fit.
If you’re selling your business, then getting the best result means starting the planning process three to five years before you sell.
If you’re buying, you’ll want a real picture of the financial position and operating performance of the new business.
wealthpreneur® can support you through these complexities. We can help answer questions like:
- How can I be sure of the true value of the business?
- What are the tax merits of the transaction?
- Would I be better to buy the business directly, or buy shares in the company that owns the business?
- Am I obtaining the benefit of all possible tax concessions?
- How do I know if this transaction will deliver my objectives?
Getting the right support
wealthpreneur® has completed numerous transactions ranging from a $175k of Pizza Hut franchisee store to $1.4m Dental practices.
We can complete all the necessary steps of a transaction including:
- Setting up the right business structure
- Due diligence
- Coordinating with all parties involved in the transaction
- Reviewing legal documentation to ensure that it properly encapsulates the parameters of the transaction
- Managing tax liabilities and ensuring that tax concessions are optimised where available and
- Making sure your objectives are realised
Our team works closely with management as well as the organisation’s lawyers. We take care of the financial detail so directors can spend more time focusing on the transaction’s value drivers.
If you’re considering a business transaction, contact us now.
Real Businesses, Real Stories
Success stories from the client we have assisted
Our wealthpreneur® team helps business owners who want to buy, sell or merge existing businesses. Like we did with one of our Dental clients.
Our client wanted to buy their second surgery. wealthpreneur® helped them with the entire transaction by:
- Contacting the Vendor’s Lawyer
- Preparing the right business structure to minimise tax
- Structuring the business for full asset protection
- Reviewing the Vendor sales proposal
- Analysing the income, expenses and the profit & loss statements, so we could advise if the asking price was reasonable
- Identifying the real profit in the business that our client would receive
- Valuing the business based on profit, hand over period, location, team, etc
- Coaching our client on how to negotiate the best buy price
- Finding the right finance deal through our solid network
- Empowering and involving the client in the entire buying process